Research and Development
We have a research and development team in CECID. Our
products help enterprises of different sizes to collaborate
electronically using the latest e-commerce open standards.
To develop our products, we analyze requirements from the
1. Open Standards
- Open standards are the basis of all our development.
We mainly focus on the ebXML set of specifications, Web
Services, RosettaNet, and UBL.
2. Open Source Community
- We commit some of our products to open source communities
such as freebXML.
We believe that open source and open standards are two
essential driving forces for the adoption of e-commerce
technologies. In fact, open source users around the world
give valuable comment and suggestion to our products.
As a result, the products become more market relevant
3. Pilot Projects
- Pilot projects are another important source of requirements
for our development. We learn from real world situation
and obtain user requirements from these projects.
This channel also ensures our products are
4. Interoperability Initiatives
- In order to make sure our products conform to open standards,
we actively participate in international interoperability
testing initiatives. The test result guarantees our product
to be interoperable with similar products by other vendors.
Sometimes, the interoperability test provides feedback
requirements to our products.
To-date, CECID has developed seven products. Two of them,
Hermes and ebMail, are open-source projects that can be
downloaded for free at freebXML.
- Hermes - a message gateway
supporting ebMS and AS2 to provide a standardized, reliable,
secure infrastructure for enterprises to exchange business
- B2B Connector - a small box supporting B2B standards
- ebXML, UBL and AS2 - to achieve plug-and-play e-commerce
with no programming required
- Data Translator - A powerful tool with an intuitive interface, allowing users to visually convert any lagacy data in various formats into most oif the common business data formats, including Java objects.
- Enterprise Data Archietect - A desktop application for tackling data interoperability problem through developing enterprise information architecture and producing XML Schema
- ebMail - a graphical user interface
application designed for small businesses to exchange
business documents on the Internet using ebXML messaging
- TranXnet - designed for enterprises
with the IT capability to automate e-commerce transactions
through programmed document exchange
- Business Process Modeling
Tool - an analyst-friendly environment to design BPs
that govern the document exchange sequences for conducting
- XML Integrator (XI) - an efficient
XML-based Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) Server
to retrieve and gather data from various back-end systems,
and format such data into ebXML-compliant documents